When you are missing a natural tooth – whether from gum disease, decay, genetics, or a physical injury – the blank space left by your former tooth is more than just a cosmetic flaw. It can also contribute to ongoing problems with your oral health. Missing teeth inevitably lead to bone loss, which can cause you to lose more teeth in the future.
Dental implants prevent this problem from developing. By fusing an artificial root directly to your jawbone, dental implants preserve the bone at the site of your missing tooth. This new root serves as a strong anchor for a replacement tooth that looks and feels like a natural tooth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
With a 98% success rate, dental implants are the most effective and reliable tooth replacement method available. Dental implants come with many advantages over dentures and dental bridges, such as:
- Functionality – A well-placed dental implant will function the same way your natural teeth do, allowing you to eat, chew, and speak normally again.
- Longevity – Dental implants are highly durable; in fact, they are often stronger than your original teeth. When cared for properly, dental implants can last for decades.
- Ease of oral hygiene – Caring for dental implants is virtually the same as caring for your natural teeth: daily brushing and flossing will help them last, and ensure that the teeth and bone surrounding them remain healthy. Visiting our professional hygienists is also important so they can properly clean and maintain your implants.
- Cosmetic appearance – Your dental crown is crafted to match the color and overall look of your surrounding teeth, making it a seamless part of your smile.
- Preservation of your smile – By replacing missing teeth with dental implants, you can prevent many future dental problems that would compromise your oral health, including bone loss, impacted food, shifting of your remaining teeth, bite collapse, and more.
If you have a missing tooth, it is best to replace it with a dental implant as soon as possible before too much bone loss makes implant placement impossible. Schedule a consultation with our family dentists today to find out if you are a good candidate for dental implants.
Why Choose Colorado Dental Arts?
As a member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists since 2003, Dr. Froning has placed hundreds of dental implants in his career. He knows exactly where your implants need to be placed to achieve the best restoration outcome. Every step of the dental implant process is performed here at Colorado Dental Arts, making it a convenient one-stop location for a fully restored, functional smile.
For more information about dental implants, please visit Questions about Dental Implants.
If you live in the Southwest Denver area and are interested in taking advantage of dental implants, please contact Colorado Dental Arts today to schedule a personal consultation with our dentists. We can help you decide whether or not dental implants are right for you.